<****** / ||||||> show s
Described Rooms: 1273
Total Rooms: 1273
Total Mobiles: 176
Total Objects: 1202
Total Crafts: 210
December 6, 2012:
* Expanded upon herbalism in the Professions page.
February 13, 2011:
* Added a variety of things to the Law page,
also to Eastern Cities and Scialla's
Writeup Page. About a dozen pages got modified and added to as I go through the
forum to grab the choicest bits to keep for posterity.
January 16, 2011:
* Lots of updates to the Timeline,
re-ordering it and adding some more entries to it. We've decided
to use Japheth's FutureMud engine, so building's a bit on hold
while its builder release gets ready.
August 15, 2010:
* Lots of updates to the Glossary,
the Twelve, People,
and Weston. Also gridded Weston into the game
and got going on descs for it.
July 9, 2009:
* Just about done with Deusis Island! Chance is getting the maps started
in Campaign Cartographer so you can see everything. And on the code side,
Alderson just got
our forums up and working! They now integrate with the pfile
database, so we're set to start using them!
July 6, 2009:
* Crafts List updated-- whoops, that has
been a while! A few silly links put in in case you
want to read some old essays of mine in the mud-world. I've been doing a lot
of building work--Deusis Island's skeleton is almost done, and I cranked
out a ton of crafts. Whew!
July 1, 2009:
* I've been expanding various culture pages, just a bit here and there, while
I work on Deusis Island for one of the opening plots.
May 6, 2009:
* Expansion of the Noble families.
* Expansion of the culture of various Eastern Cities too! Were
you wondering how it was that the Duchy of Duremont split Sarnow in half? Or
how they managed to keep it that way? I knew you were!
March 1, 2009:
* TONS of stuff about the Haranite faith.
* Brotherhood of Swords expanded.
February 18, 2009:
* All kinds of animal life outlined and detailed.
February 16, 2009:
* Nobles of the Twelve elaborated on, with
the last two families started, and a link to
the heraldry uploaded. Yes, I know I
need a flatbed scanner.
February 15, 2009:
* Builder/contributions policy.
* Forums started up again. Please
don't create a login yet. We're still getting it integrated with PHP.
* Mud is back up and running!
February 14, 2009:
* Architecture and ship styles.
* Appearances of the different races hashed out.
* Our coder is back! We've got our backups rolled onto the new host and
ready to install, and beta is currently anticipated for August.
February 10, 2009:
* Epithets added for the Church of Haran.
* Perfumes! Expect plots around these.
February 9, 2009:
* Materials -- in case you wondered what
kind of gemstones the Kiassan Empire has to offer, or what kind of stone they
use to build their houses out of.
* As we've moved to a new host, Mudhost.org having apparently gone out of
business, the sites look like they're all in one piece. I haven't got the
codebase installed yet, and probably won't again until we have our coder back.
Don't worry, we have backups of most everything! If you find anything out of
place, let me know.
January 28, 2009:
ZOMG I am tired out tonight! My hands hurt. But here is the latest:
* Medals and Recognition in the Empire
* More stuff about money and currency
* House Endevarr
January 26, 2009:
* Flameholdan Technology
* Lirwhinite Technology
January 25, 2009:
* Technology and You
* Health and Welfare
* House Tarikaden
* Progress still going on the Hewley's Mine Road and environs.
January 1, 2009:
* Happy New Year!
* Still progressing apace on the Gatemarch Road expansion west of
Valrona, and getting crafts back to where
we were pre-site move. Lots of new documentation still, especially
around the Newbie Guide Page. Also, on the
Valrona page, still working on the important folks and governmental
structure page, and outlining the Nobles of the
December 7, 2008:
* Our new staffer, Alderson, has
been very busy getting the codebase together! We've just gotten the
backups from the old server and are busy putting those onto the
game. Meanwhile, have a bunch of new documentation:
Suncant, Nobles of
the Twelve, The Church of Haran,
Weston, and lots more.
November 24, 2008:
* Moved servers to Mudhost.org, who've
been overwhelmingly supportive and kind so far. It's been a smooth and
seamless process, but if anybody sees anything missing, let me know.
The old server, alas, went belly-up in a series of unfortunate events,
and so I may have lost all my building--but the documentation, the hard
part to replace, is still here and intact, as you can see.
* Lots of new documentation, most of it around the
Nobles of the Twelve and supporting pages.
July 4, 2008:
* Added a Swordsmen's Resource Page for those
wishing to join Valrona's Brotherhood of Swords. Also have greatly expanded
various other support pages since 6/7/08, but the site was down so didn't
meticulously keep up with updating Site News. Please feel free to look over
the pages -- if you see something that needs elaboration, please let me know!
June 7, 2008:
* Added a Links page and added its drilldown
hyperlink to the navigation bar. Also expanded some of the newbie guide
type pages with more information about chargen and backgrounds.
June 1, 2008:
* Still concentrating on the Nobles of the Twelve
and Eastern Cities pages. Have begun the
Quintzel page--woohoo! Site's back up and going,
but I'm still going to wait a bit on active building to get the documentation
going to help players learn about the gameworld and the people in it.
May 27, 2008:
* I've kind of backed off from building ingame to get documentation
written. To that end, tons of new stuff especially around
Nobles of the Twelve and Guide.
April 15, 2008:
* Huge lots of updates to: Eastern Cities
and the Glossary. The main framework for
the Eastern Cities' writeups is in place, though there's a LOT more
to do with it.
March 17, 2008:
* Finished desc'ing the latest batch of
rooms and now am moving on to the Sun District. Have spent
an entire weekend renovating People,
Races, and Planets.
WHEW! Enjoy. Slowly we're moving closer to the goal.
* Finished the basics of the Pearl District, and got most of the
basic structure done there. Meet Penelope the flower-seller of
Rose Square! And enjoy the obelisk and the Terellian Fountain!
March 3, 2008:
* Dumped about 50 rooms on the mud, and doing work on the
Professions page and also
on Starting Help page.
February 16, 2008:
* Vastly expanded Professions
with tons of info about the Swordsmen, especially, and also began
discussion of the duellist class. Ingame, finished building the
Tower of the Verdantis Rangers
and the headquarters of the Valrona
January 17, 2008:
* Built the Blushing Rose in Valrona. On the website,
have added some information about Lewistown
and got that documentation started.
January 13, 2008:
* Most of the first bit of farmland's built, and we're going back
to touch up the city itself again. Everybody enjoy the Blushing Rose!
Meanwhile, on the website, added some info to the
Glossary page about some of the
wines found around Valrona for future
ease of RP.
January 11, 2008:
* A lot of building's going on--the goals are being met slowly but
surely as we reach toward the new codebase. Crafts are getting
added at a rate of at least one per day, and first up is ostlers!
See the complete list of crafts (for now) at
Crafts. Mostly we're building the
farmlands west of Valrona.
December 31, 2007:
* Lots of new changes to Valrona.
Also, have updated the Haranite Religion
page to include information for players about colors and symbols
Haranites typically use, as well as how to spot a clergyman or
nun of the faith.
December 29, 2007:
* Really played with the Chargen Help page
and got the Roleplaying Basics page
together as well as Starting Out. Plenty of
new stuff for new players to go through and use in making their
first characters! Ingame, the Bazaar off Azure Square is seeing
its shops get installed and set up; I'm making crafts as I go along
(newest one: fry sliced-ham). See Crafting
for info about what we have so far.
December 23, 2007:
* Fleshed out the Crafts page and got the pages
about Weston finished up. Also did a lot of work on
the Valrona Professions page, but likely we'll
have more on that page soon.
December 22, 2007:
* Site migration is complete! Email will be working again shortly.
Continuing updates to the glossary and
Valrona's pages, as well as getting older pages
like Weston into shape for the farflung future
when the wild west part of the game's open.
December 15, 2007:
* My laptop died a couple of weeks ago, and our server was in a
snowstorm and lost power--but here we are still! Big additions to
Valrona, People of Note,
and the Glossary.
November 22, 2007:
* The Eastern Cities have been
defined and set up. Also, Timeline page
edited, and Glossary greatly expanded and
hyperlinks added. WOW, that was fun to do! Most of the city of Valrona is
basically set up--I'm doing the Azure and Plume districts, and we'll add
Sun and Pearl much much later when we actually need them. Next up:
Verdantis Forest and Lewistown!
October 20, 2007:
* We're transferring to a new server, so things are a little up in the
air. However, pfiles are almost finished transferring and slowly we're
easing into the new code. Many thanks to Wild West and Methuselah for the ho sting
October 6, 2007:
* I figured out how to add wearlocs to the mud and added the
long-awaited "brooch" wearloc. Added the arena rooms for later. Wow,
almost 100 rooms desc'd!
* Also, TONS of new updates to the webpage, esp. to Timeline and Newbie
Guide pages. Yay!
October 1, 2007:
* Just realized that the Staff & Credits page
didn't have the DIKU and SoI credits on them. The ingame one does, but not
the webpage one. Whoops. Will update that soon as I get to my laptop.
September 30, 2007:
* Beat People and Glossary pages into shape. Lots and lots of new
entries. Ingame, I'm setting up Azure Square and its environs, and getting
building standards together. Also, began laying out the Laws page. Chance is having a lot of fun with making
the legal system.
September 28, 2007:
* Expanded the Races and the Planets pages. Now that I know how to deal with
stylesheets, it's not proving too difficult to convert each page over!
September 25, 2007:
* An OOC complex started with writeups of the planets, and
representative NPCs with "typical traditional costume." Wow, how'd we get
September 23, 2007:
* Planets added to and set with the
stylesheet, and the Timeline added to. The
Azure Dragon Inn in Azure Square is now ready for business; there is a
roomprog there for now to get free food and drink if a PC happens in there
during our pre-beta and gets hungry.
September 22, 2007:
* Minor code changes made and objects for newbies started; code actually
lists just object vnums to use, so it's not hard at all to just get that
done. Whew! About got the initial stylesheet finished, and when it is,
I'll get it added to the other webpages.
September 21, 2007:
* PHPBB3 put on system, once again thanks to MudMagic (am considering
asking Jaelli there if she'd just like to go on my immstaff or something).
Helpfiles starting to go up, and I need a book about php scripting, I am
seeing that now. RPP costs set up for the various races. SithLord made our
first character application! Welcome, SithLord!
September 20, 2007:
* SQL compiled and now on to the PHP bulletin board system, which for
some goofy reason isn't initializing. Got the login windows done and found
a snazzo picture of a planet for my login screen. Updated the text files
for chargen to customize to SciallaMud, and began organizing zones.
September 18, 2007:
* Compiled SQL databases. Still getting the mud to boot. MudMagic's been
super about it all. Nothing but good things to say about them. New pages:
Valrona Professions, People of Note, and Places of
Note. Extensive work on The Church of Haran
September 15, 2007:
* After considerable hiatus, the codebase of the game is changing since
our previous head codefish, Areidryk, kind of got a real life. We are
moving to Argila, which is what Shadows of Isildur is based on, and
we're also going to be moving the main site of the gameworld from Weston
to Valrona, a more sophisticated Eastern City.
September 15, 2007:
* New pages -- Valrona, Glossary.
October 21, 2003:
* Organization writeups in Weston.
September 25, 2003:
* New story: Diplomatic Immunity, in Contributions.
August 14, 2003:
* Hardly worth its own entry, but put Weston on
the navbar to the left. May need to go organize that one day.
August 12, 2003:
* Added some stuff to the Applications
page. Added some stuff about heretics to Haran.
June 6, 2003:
* New story! Acolyte's Choice. Outlined races.
May 30, 2003:
* New page: Applying. Added to the Newbie Guide -- Cities of Note.
May 11, 2003:
* New page: Church of Haran, with lots of new
info. Added timeline to Guide and added map to Weston. Added info to Professions.
May 8, 2003:
* Added lots to the
Guide. Added Chargen Help, though there
isn't much there till Codefish gets chargen code together.
May 7, 2003:
* Put Policies up.
May 6, 2003:
* Created all kinds of new pages: Races of the Kiasse, Laws and
Government, Professions, Planets of the Kiasse, Crafts, Weston, and Newbie Guide. Added some stuff to Starting and Clothes.
May 5, 2003:
* Created Contributions page, and updated.php on
other pages as it looked totally gross on Konqueror, which granted is a
sucky browser, but still, the.php could have been more tidy.
April 19, 2003:
* Realizing that Codefish has gotten
the site up, began making inroads toward preliminary webpages. Added Site News and got text onto the other pages.